Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A few thoughts before bed

78 downloads today on Ravelry, 26 people favorited me, and 1 person has me in their queue!  Not bad for my first day, I think.
  • Butterfly Neck Wrap - 16 dl, 5 fave
  • Pas de Deux hat - 48 dl, 14 fave
  • Simply Skinny Butterfly Scarf - 14 dl, 7 fave
I am currently working on Emelyn's Bumpy Butterfly Scarf.  Yes, it seems I am a bit obsessed with butterflies.  In reality I just think they are pretty, I was experimenting with different techniques and scarf patterns to make a match for the hat, and my daughter loves them.  It is my first time using bobble and popcorn stitches, so it is going a little slow right now.  I'm about 1/3 of the way done, and it is starting to take shape.  I'm excited to see what she thinks of it!

Two men who work with my husband have put in orders for red/white/blue skater skullies.  Do they even carry red/white/blue multi, or am I going to have to change yarn colors twice?  My sister-in-law wants a butterfly hat and skinny scarf combo in black with ruffles.  I believe I will try a two-tone ruffle in black and white.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make the simply skinny butterfly scarf I queued on ravelry. I just need to pick the perfect color yarn and then I'll start it.
    If you are looking for a red/white/blue variegated yarn, Red Heart has one called Stars & Stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you are excited about making the scarf. Isn't it funny how certain colors of yarn look better for certain items? I typically peruse the yarn aisle and pick out yarns that I can envision as a finished item. I picked out an aqua yarn that I thought would make a good newsboy hat for my daughter. Now I just have to write the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked for Stars & Stripes, but none of the stores where I live carry it since it is out of season. I think I did ok changing colors for a first timer!

    ReplyDelete